Omega is also supporting and training farmers and providing them economic opportunities to grow viable high value indigenous crops with the help of
The innovative model uses well researched climate-smart improved indigenous crops developed by Sorghum and Millets Improvement Programme at the Zambia Agriculture Research Institute that require low inputs and sustain the environment, while creating business opportunities in urban and rural communities.
Omega packages and distributes health foods of high nutritional value made from Sorghum, Millet, Cassava and Grain Amaranthus namely; (i) Omega Nutri Porridge Flour, (ii) Omega Millet Meal, (iii) Omega Sorghum Meal and (iv) Omega cassava meal.
Target market for Omega Foods are the health-conscious consumers. The products are supplied and or distributed to local supermarkets in Lusaka such as lodges, children centres, schools and the informal market sector.
- Providing healthy and nutritious food
- Addressing health issues such as diabetes and obesity
- Offering rural farmers a market for their indigenous crops
- Promoting climate-smart, low-input, indigenous crops
- Mitigating negative impacts of climate change
- Helping farmers to adapt to changes in ecosystems through climate change
- Providing employment and business opportunities to urban and rural dwellers
- Supplying sorghum flour to one of the fastest-growing supermarkets in Zambia
The Zambian Agriculture Research Institute Sorghum and Millets Improvement Programme.
Meet more enterprises in the sector
Sustainable Agriculture Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Sustainable Agriculture Colombo, Sri Lanka
Sustainable Agriculture ChiangRai, Thailand
Sustainable Agriculture Durban, South Africa
Sustainable Agriculture Chimoio, Mozambique
Sustainable Agriculture Cook Islands