SMEs: Gamechangers from Global to Local Actions towards Sustainability: Stockholm+50: Side-Event
Thursday 2 June - 10:30 - 11:45 CEST
SEED in close collaboration with UNEP, GO4SDGs, One Planet Network, the SME Climate Hub and Normative together with the governments of Germany, Indonesia, South Africa and Uganda are organising an official side-event at Stockholm+50.
The event will demonstrate, with practical cases and success stories, the potential and necessity to engage with and enable SMEs in delivering sustainability, including the opportunity to start their journey to net zero. Contribute to improving knowledge about enabling conditions, enhancing digital transformation and the means to engage with SMEs in long-lasting actions for building resilience, combating climate change and delivering circularity. At the occasion of the event SEED will launch its 20 Year Flagship Report, from Impact to Scale, and the report on Green SMEs and their Success Factors for Scale-up and Replication.
The event will also be lead-up event to the launch of the “Coalition for Innovation, Circularity and Entrepreneurship” and invite partners to join it. The Coalition aims at enabling SMEs, scaling-up and replicating their good practices, while providing a Voice for the SMEs and enhancing system-wide innovation and collective green climate action.
- Stephan Contius, Head of Division, BMUV, Germany
- Steven Stone, Deputy Director, Economy Division, UNEP
- Adi Reza Nugroho, CEO-MYCL Mycotech Lab, Indonesia
- Franc Kamugyisha, CEO-Ecoplastile, Uganda
- Garth Barnes, Ministry of Environment, Forestry and Fisheries, South Africa
- Astrid Schomaker, DG Environment, European Commission
- Kristian Rönn, CEO and co-founder of Normative
- Salome Zurabishvili, UN Global Compact, Georgia
Moderator: Arab Hoballah, Executive Director, SEED