Call for Applications for the 2018 SEED Low Carbon Awards
SEED is looking for the most promising, innovative and locally led start-up eco-inclusive enterprises making significant contributions to mitigating and/or adapting to climate change. Up to five 2018 SEED Low Carbon Awards are sponsored by the International Climate Initiative (ICI) of the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety (BMUB).
The 2018 SEED Low Carbon Awards are available for enterprises in Colombia, India, Tanzania, Thailand, and Uganda.
All winners will receive a package of tailored support services consisting of capacity building, tools, profiling, network building and financing up to USD 5,000.
Enterprises can apply for the Awards if they:
- demonstrates entrepreneurship and innovation;
- delivers economic, social and environmental benefits;
- has the intention and potential to become financially sustainable;
- is a partnership between different stakeholder groups;
- is locally driven or locally led;
- has the potential for scale-up or significant replication;
- is in the early stages of implementation; and
- are active in Colombia, India, Tanzania, Thailand, and Uganda.
The deadline for applications is 3 April 2018, 23:59 Central European Time (CET).